The Australia Talks National Survey 2021 found around three in four Australians with non-European ancestry say they have been discriminated against because of their ethnicity.
- Key points:
- Australia Talks found 76% of people from non-European backgrounds reported discrimination on the basis of ethnicity
- Most respondents also said they believed there was a lot of racism these days
- Experts say an anti-racism strategy is needed and recognition is just the beginning
Through 'The HARD Project', we are trying to create a positive change in today's multicultural society by encouraging people to:
- Acknowledge that the problem exists
- Come forward and share their stories (even anonymously) by filling a basic form
- Work collaboratively with multicultural communities, media and policy makers towards finding sustainable solutions
- So, if you have faced (or know someone who has) any HARD incidents, this is the platform to come and share your stories without judgement, without prejudice. With full support from the community.